Friday, April 29, 2011

Pampas Grass


We have three pretty small (in diameter) tussocks (clumps) of pampas grass in the corner of our yard.  They were about 8-10 feet tall and have been dried up and dead looking ever since we moved in.  (I've got to remember to take before pictures!)  A week or so ago I noticed new growth and decided it was time to chop them down.  I chopped the new growth back to the same height as the dead stuff.  In just two days the new growth had grown about 6-8 inches!  In this picture (about five days after) the new growth is about 12-15 inches!  Ay ay ay!  In the fall these babies are comin' out completely.

I don't think my HOA would approve of this method of removal, but it looks fun!


Oh, and leaving these things on our property will apparently signal to passersby that the people who live in our home are swingers!

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I just can't picture you and Howard as the swinging type..ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stuff is such a nightmare. I have it all over my slope and I can't get rid of it. Every time I think it's gone for good, a new crop appears. I'm breakin out the gas-o-line. :) Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete