Monday, September 13, 2010

Random Stuff

There are Chinese back rub kiosks in the mall here!  I was afraid there wouldn't be.  Woo hoo!

In the Publix grocery store some of the magazines/publications at the checkout lines are hidden behind plastic screens, magazines like:  Glamour, Cover Girl, and even The National Enquirer.

I got my hair cut and colored in some random place that I googled.  All 30+ stylists in this very trendy warehouse-type salon were dressed in black, gray or white (their dress code) and many of them were tattooed.  One guy had spiders tattooed from his right wrist up to his right ear.  (I'm assuming they went all the way up.  He was wearing a shirt.)  The spiders work well for October, but what about the other 11 months?  Anyway, the cool surprise about this place was discovering overhead TV monitors when I leaned back for the shampoo.  I've always wished that dentists would put TVs in their ceilings.  Studio Gavin beat them to it.  Oh, they also had complimentary cokes (the Tennessean word for sodas), water, wine and tea biscuits.  I think I paid for more than a cut and color!

I've always enjoyed the live piano music at Nordstrom, but I experienced something a bit different in a new-to-me department store called Belk.  I felt very suspicious and guilty hiding between racks of clothing to take this picture.

Here's a country singer in the women's
clothing section of Belk.  Everyone
has to get their start somewhere.

    2 comments:

    1. Last time we were in the States, it was for the reunion in North Carolina. We shopped twice at Belk's! How fun.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I always refer to a soda as a Coke too. It must go along with rounding down when I tell you the price of something :)

      Our dentist has a monitor over our head. It takes my mind off digging my nails into the chair armrests when I hear the sound of a drill.

      ReplyDelete