Friday, September 10, 2010

The Chicken

Oh, silly me!  I meant the kitchen.  A friend of mine from long ago, who didn't know much English, once said chicken instead of kitchen.  He turned three shades of rojo when I told him in Spanish that he had said gallina instead of cocina.

Anyway, the kitchen is pretty much done.  I've never lived in a house with such a large and spacious kitchen in my entire life.  For 16+ years of marriage my kitchen stuff has overflowed into purchased storage cabinets, hall closets, and even into the garage (when we were lucky enough to have a garage in our last place!).  Everything, including our food storage, fits in our new kitchen and there is still room to spare!  Howard has done most of the cooking in recent years, but I have to say that I'm almost tempted to start cooking again - almost.

There's a ton of storage in the pantry and the island.

One of my favorite kitchen features is the desk area.
The door to the right leads to the laundry room.

 No more boxes!

1 comment:

  1. It looks sooooo nice. I'm sending you one of my ward cookbooks. It's the only one you'll ever need. I guarantee you will want to start cooking again.

    ReplyDelete