Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Bearded Man

On Sunday I noticed a guy at church wearing an old-fashioned black suit.  He also had one of those Brigham Young type beards - the kind that outlines the jaw but provides no upper lip coverage.

Imagine my surprise when one of the women who was speaking in church then looked towards the bearded man and told the congregation how much she appreciated her home teacher, Abe Lincoln!  "What!?! No way!" I thought, "Nah, can't be, IMpossible...Hmmm, maybe he's a great great great great great grandson."

Of course, the first thing I did when church was over was to ask someone about the mysterious bearded man.  It turns out that during the week 'Abe Lincoln' does school presentations about the former president.  The person I talked to couldn't even remember his real name!

No comments:

Post a Comment