Sunday, August 22, 2010

First Impressions

I kick myself for not having recorded my first impressions of Wisconsin, Massachusetts, and California (the Bay Area).  I'm not going to make the same mistake this time, although I'm already a week behind.  I'm pretty sure that living in Nashville is going to be quite an interesting experience.  Here are some of the things I've noticed so far:

It's hotter than cayenne pepper.
It's hilly and green.
It's hotter than a fox in a forest fire.
There are lots of American-made trucks - we might be joining the ranks soon.
There's lots of driving - nothing is conveniently close.
Everyone is super friendly and they don't mind chatting awhile - even when they're doing a job for you and you're paying them a fixed rate.
The 'man mullet' lives - saw two guys sporting it yesterday.
The $7.50 Saturday morning buffet at Shoney's attracts a LARGE group of people.
Many people in restaurants say a silent prayer before they eat.
There's a lot of clergy out and about.
There are LOTS of gargantuan churches - Nashville is supposed to be the belt buckle of the bible belt!
People get together at Panera on Wednesday evenings for Bible study.
Did I mention that it's HOT and HUMID!?!
There's a lot of thunder and lightning.
The roads are well-paved.
It's very clean.
The neighbors are friendly and not afraid to just come over and introduce themselves.
We have Hobby Lobby and Famous Dave's here - two places we frequented in Wisconsin.
Did I mention that it's hot!?!

Billy Ray sporting a man mullet.

5 comments:

  1. Hooray! Can't wait to see what sort of awesomeness awaits. It's already off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your blog! It takes confidence to sport a mullet. Lovers of the mullet unite. Sounds like a wonderful place and I can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously have to come visit you soon. Nashville sounds awesome! Maybe I'll even get a mullet cut while I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Howard growing a mullet to try to fit in?

    ReplyDelete