Friday, April 18, 2014

100,000 Tulips

Howard and I decided to have an after-work rendezvous at Cheekwood on one of the few beautiful days we've had recently.  We didn't want to miss 100,000 tulips in full bloom!


Last year I signed up to be a Cheekwood gardener.  It was right after they had pulled out all of the tulips from last year.  The volunteers were moaning and groaning about that experience.  I'm glad I didn't sign up earlier last year!  My gardening days were cut short there when I started teaching seminary, and then took a part-time job teaching high school Spanish.  I haven't come up for air since!  Anyway, back to Cheekwood.

Don't be surprised if you see all of this in my yard one day.

I gotta be me!

Little contrasting flowers were planted around and amongst all the tulips.

Howard, at the entrance of the Japanese garden.

Here's a very cool art installation by Patrick Dougherty



You also might see this tree in my yard some day.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Now you have made me want to take the kids to Flower Island on Lake Constance during spring break. There is something so magical about hundreds of beautiful flowers all blooming together, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete