Monday, January 30, 2012

It's a Party - Thistle Farms Style


Last Tuesday these two amazing women came to my house to host my first (definitely not my last) Thistle Farms Home Party.  It's ironic that I would have a party like this because: (1) I don't want my friends to feel like they have to buy something when they come to my house, and (2) I don't spend money on body and bath products.  (I'm a buy-the-cheapest-lotion-at-Target kinda gal.)

But, this was not just any old home party.  As it says on their website, it's like 'Tupperware with a conscience'.  Here's what makes it different:
  • The women at Magdalene House MADE these products with their bare gloved hands!
  • The profits go directly to the women who made them and also benefit their partners in Africa.  (For those of you who don't already know, I've dreamed of going to Africa since I was five years old!)
  • The women learn all kinds of valuable job skills while making and selling these products.
  • They earn money while working at Thistle Farms, and it mentions on their website that any money they save will be matched!
  • The women tell their stories of addiction and recovery, which is healing to them and uplifting to those who listen.
  • You 'donate' to a great cause and you get some cool stuff in return.
  • The hostess gets to pick one free thing.
  • An extra bonus for the hostess - it motivates you to clean your house and remove from your dining room the disassembled half-painted table that's been there for months!
Having one of these home parties is a win-win situation!  To schedule one, just email Carole.

Note:  These thistle farmers gave me permission to take and post this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment