Sunday, September 25, 2011

More About San Diego


We went to La Jolla Cove and watched the seals,  
We love all the Suessian plant life in 
San Diego.

Back in the day, this lifeguard tower at the Cove 
didn't have any windows or a door.  Why is that
significant?  You'll have to email me.

Here's a peek at the Spanish Village Art Center 
located near Balboa Park.  A bunch of artists 
have their studios here.  I love the painted tiles!
I want to start a village like this in Nashville.
Do you think it would fly?

This is just a fun bench at the Art Village.  
It looks like they cut the footboard of a bed
in half and used it for the arms.  The back
of the bench is obviously the headboard.  
Clever!

Here are some hydrangeas at the Art Village.  
I want some blueish purplish hydrangeas.
And I want them now!

Here's a picture of Howard taking pictures at Balboa 
Park.  Later I'll post some of his pictures, they turned out
really good.  He's becoming quite the photographer.

Here's a fun statue I stumbled upon.
The USS Midway is in the background.

This statue is HUGE!

I went back to Old Town again with a friend.  
We went to Bazaar del Mundo, a collection
of very cute Mexicany shops and restaurants. 

I want some steps like these somewhere on my 
property in Nashville!  Do you think they'll
fit in with all the antebellum architecture?

1 comment:

  1. I need to go find that kissing statue! I've never seen it before. I haven't been tho any of these places in the longest time. I need to go visit the sea lions. Remember that time when we first moved in together that Gary took us to Black's Beach. What was he thinking? So funny.

    ReplyDelete